Monday, January 21, 2008

Counting my Blessings

I was just sitting here thinking how often times we forget to count our blessings. Most times we are caught up in trials and everyday life that we forget. I was just talking with a friend the other day about this. She, too, said she forgets to be thankful for all the blessing God has given her in the past few years. She has gone through a lot last year and was forgetting to thank God for the help he did send her way. How many of us forget our blessings? I know for me I don't "forget" them I just don't give credit to God for them. Some blessing I want to share with you are:


  • My bible- my husband bought it for me and I love how easy it is to read. I have learned so much this year from it.
  • My Husband- He is so understanding, loving, caring, and helpful.
  • My Bug-a- boo and Little Buck - they are awesome kids!
  • My Boss- It's great having a Christian boss that understands and is a family man.
  • My co-workers- All Christians. What an awesome thing to work for a Christian employer and Christian co workers for a Christian based Landscape company.
  • My wood stove- Oh how it kept us warm last night in the below zero temps. we are having.
  • For lotion- my skin gets so dry in the winter here in NY that you have to love a good lotion.
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder- She is such a blessing. Writing down her life story for others to love and learn from. My kids love reading her books and learning from her past.
  • Home Schooling- OK there are some days I don't see it as a blessing but I love my kids and only want what is best for them. I love spending time with them and learning and teaching them new things. A book- $3.49 A pencil- $.50 paper $.75 teaching a child to read- PRICELESS!!!
  • Coffee- sometimes I just don't function right with out it. I do admit I need to cut back on it a bit.

My list could go on forever but I think you get the idea. How many Blessing s can you count today? Me thousands....

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I Jolene. Thanks for stopping by and for the lovely comments.

I enjoyed this post so much. I too, need to be more thankful for my blessings. God is so good. He deserves our thanks and praise.

I love you blog. Hugs, Kathi