Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I'm wanting to get it cut above my shoulders and have a perm put in. So...I called around to price having that done because well it's been 9 years since I have had my hair done. I about fell out of my chair when I heard:
Lady: Our prices for a cut and perm start at $70
Me: Did I hear you right $70.
Lady: Yes, Start at $70.
Me: Oh start at $70. Somehow I didn't hear the start at $70. What do you mean start at?
Lady: Depends on how long your hair is.
Me: Oh well after the cut it will be above my shoulders. So how much would that cost?
Lady: I'm not sure. All I can tell ya is we start pricing at $70 then go up by 10's.
Me: Well that explains everything.
So now do I want to spend $70 + dollars to have my hair cut and a perm put in? NO way!!!
Well really I want it but not for $70 + dollars. I'm thinking I can get my hair cut for $15 then just by a home perm and have my mom put it in. It will still cost $30 or so but a lot cheaper than $70+. Do they even still make home perms???
DH says just to go do it. My thinking is...I can feed my family for a week or more for $70. How does one justify spending that kind of money on hair?
Friday, February 22, 2008
- summer squash
- some mixed veggies (carrots, corn, peas, and green beans)
I then added the chicken broth and some water. A dash of pepper and a pinch of salt. I love the way it turned out. I think from now on I will add what bit of veggies left over to a ziploc baggie and freeze for future soup days. What a way to save money and use up those lasts bits of food left on the table.
Monday, February 11, 2008
I love him because:
- He is a Godly man
- He loves me
- He loves our children
- He takes care of us
- He cries with me
- He snuggles with me
- He plays with the kids even when he is beat from working all day
- He helps me when I need it
- He helps teach our children school
- He has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen
- He drove 40 miles to buy me an apple pie from my favorite resturant when I was pregnant with Bug-a-boo. (Bless his heart)
- He does things for me.
- He likes to cook
- He gives me back rubs
- He blows me kisses and winks at me outside my office window when I'm having a bad day.
- He holds me when I'm down in the dumps about something
- He gives me butterfly kisses to wake me up
- He loves nature
- He loves for me to hunt with him
- He loves to work in the garden with me
- His smile
- He loves my burnt grill cheese sandwiches ( I can't make them without burning them.)
- He sings to me
- He makes me laugh
Those are just a few things that I love my husband for. I am very thankful for the man that God gave to me.
Hope you all have a great week!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Our weather is unbelievable lately. We are back up in the 50's today but temps are dropping. It's been raining for 2 days now and flash flood watches are up all over. I have never seen a winter like this. We had thunderstorms come through last night and the night before. I'm praying for those hit by the tornadoes.
My van has died. We are not sure what is wrong with it. Dh took it to a auto place to have it checked and they can't find anything wrong. I went to start it yesterday and there was nothing. We thought maybe the kids left one of the doors open a bit. So DH jumped it with the truck and we came to work. After work it wouldn't start again, so we jumped it agian. The guy at the place Dh had it checked said it could be a number of things but nothing was showing up on the test he ran. Dh is going to look at it today when we get home. I really hope it isn't anything costly. That would really blow the budget.
Hope you all are having a nice day!
Friday, February 1, 2008
Today most of the ice, sleet and snow from yesterday melted off. We do have a bit of slushy yuck out there. Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere today. I have a long to do list for today for here at home. Laundry, deep clean the kitchen, dust and vacuum all rooms, and if I have time I need to go through all the clothes. Little Buck is growing fast. I just bought him pants right before Christmas that he is almost out of. I guess I just need to realize my baby is almost 5 and at that age little boys GROW FAST.
This week I will also be working on our budget. I alway wait until will file our taxes to do this. If we get a refund we like to pay off as many bills as possible with it. After that is done I know what is left to deal with for our budget. I am trying this year to cut out as much as possible. I would like as much of the "extra" to go into savings. In the real world that don't always happen. I'll see what I can do.
Things I'm Thankful for today...
- My van- It got the kids to my parents for the day and hubby and I to work yesterday safely.
- My boss- For not minding we were a bit late do to the weather. And also for the raise he gave hubby yesterday. SO unexpected but So grateful for!
- For thrift stores- The way Little Buck and Bug-a-boo are growing, I am thankful I don't have to pay full price for clothes.
- I'm also VERY, VERY, VERY Thankful for those men and women who fight for my freedom. God Bless each and everyone one of you! You are always in my prayers!
And so many more...
Please leave my a comment if you have a loved one in the military. I would love to pray for them by name.
Hope you all have a great weekend! ~Jolene