Friday, February 22, 2008

The best soup I ever made.

I love soup! I'll eat just about any kind of it. Sorry I won't touch pea soup. I'm not sure why but I just simply don't like it. YUCK! Anyway...I made the best soup the other day. I had a bunch of leftovers in the fridge that needed eaten up. It was cold outside, so it was a perfect soup day. YUMMY! To my big stock pot I added a little bit of this and a touch of that...
  • cauliflower
  • summer squash
  • broccoli
  • chicken
  • ham
  • potatoes
  • tomatoes
  • some mixed veggies (carrots, corn, peas, and green beans)
  • maccaroni

I then added the chicken broth and some water. A dash of pepper and a pinch of salt. I love the way it turned out. I think from now on I will add what bit of veggies left over to a ziploc baggie and freeze for future soup days. What a way to save money and use up those lasts bits of food left on the table.

No comments: