Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Makeover...are you kidding me???

Well DH and I have been talking about me getting my hair done. Something both of us would love to see happen. After all, I have wore my hair the same way for 9 years. Yes that's right...9 LONG years. I have had it cut here and there but never was it something I liked enough to keep. Do I like my hair the way it is now? No, not exactly. I love that I can "do" my hair in 3 minutes but I don't like the way it looks. It's too Blah looking for me. It's long (middle of my back) and wavy.

I'm wanting to get it cut above my shoulders and have a perm put in. So...I called around to price having that done because well it's been 9 years since I have had my hair done. I about fell out of my chair when I heard:

Lady: Our prices for a cut and perm start at $70

Me: Did I hear you right $70.

Lady: Yes, Start at $70.

Me: Oh start at $70. Somehow I didn't hear the start at $70. What do you mean start at?

Lady: Depends on how long your hair is.

Me: Oh well after the cut it will be above my shoulders. So how much would that cost?

Lady: I'm not sure. All I can tell ya is we start pricing at $70 then go up by 10's.

Me: Well that explains everything.

So now do I want to spend $70 + dollars to have my hair cut and a perm put in? NO way!!!
Well really I want it but not for $70 + dollars. I'm thinking I can get my hair cut for $15 then just by a home perm and have my mom put it in. It will still cost $30 or so but a lot cheaper than $70+. Do they even still make home perms???

DH says just to go do it. My thinking is...I can feed my family for a week or more for $70. How does one justify spending that kind of money on hair?

No comments: