Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spring Cleaning???

I have been spending time today cleaning. I have started my spring cleaning already this year. I never seem to have time come spring to deep clean like I want. ( My job keeps me from it...I work for a Christian Landscape company. Very busy during that time.) Anyway last week we cleaned the living room. I still need to wash down the walls. Painting them is on my list to do this summer (if I find the time.) Today we have worked in the dining room and kitchen. I redecorated my living room and dining room with items I already had. I love baskets so I placed them all around in useful places. Most of them came from the local Salvation Army or yard sales. I always buy nice baskets when I find them. You just never know when you may need to put a gift basket together. I did find that I need to find a larger picture for above my piano in the dining room. The space just looks bare. I'm not sure if I have something around here that will look right in that space. Hmm!

My kitchen is currently decorated in fruit. Although I love fruit I am getting sick of looking at it. My sis- in - law bought me a sun catcher of grapes with John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches." on it. I love this and the colors of it. Purple grapes and green vines and leaves. Sooooo, I'm thinking on painting the kitchen a sage color green with purple grapes placed here and there.

Bug-a-boo has been doing laundry and dishes today to help out. She is only 9 years old but is such a work horse. She loves helping mom and dad in anyway she can. She is such a blessing to me. I love you Bug! Thanks for all the help you give me!!!

Little Buck has helped out today as well. At 4 (5 next month) it's hard to keep his attention on cleaning. He much rather be taking something apart. You know to see how it works! I think everything he received for Christmas has been taken apart many times by now. I guess it's time to find a hiding spot for the screw drivers. I love you Little Buck!

My love has been working right along with us. You just got to love a man that will clean with you just to spend time with you. I love you honey!!

I hope your day is what you wanted it to be. ~Jolene

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Good for you for getting started on your spring cleaning! I like to do mine early too. Hope you are having a great weekend!
Kelli