Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thrift Store Adventure

Yesterday, little buck, bug-a-boo, hubby and I ventured out to a "new to us" thrift store. It was 30 miles away from home in a direction I normal don't go. The draw to get us to venture there was just about everything was free for the day. GREAT I thought, Little Buck needs some pants, Bug-a-boo needs some dress shoes, hubby and I both could use shirts. So off we went...Bug-a-boo and Little Buck love yard sales and thrift stores... they take after me! After making our way in we were instantly disappointed. The organization was terrible. Men's and women's clothes all piled together. Kids clothes everywhere. Clothes piled on the dishes, pots and pans. It really looked like a bomb went off in there. I'm not sure that this is the way the place always looks but boy did it turn me off on going back. I can't complain to much we did manage to find some needed items and again they were free.

Little Buck got:
  1. 5 t-shirts
  2. 1 sweat shirt
  3. 3 pairs of pants

Bug-a-boo got:

  1. a sweater
  2. 2 pairs of dress shoes
  3. a purse
  4. a bag to carry barbies in
  5. red yarn

Hubby got:

  1. 2 turtle necks for work
  2. a pair of pants

I got:

  1. a 3 piece set make up bag (brand new)

Maybe after the dust settles on there free giveaway day I will go back and check it out. They normally sell clothes for a $1 a bag.

No comments: