Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday Rambles...

This week is going by so fast! Probably because I had Monday off work. What a blessing that was. I got a lot done around the house. This has been bothering me lately so I was well pleased that I could get so much done. A few weeks ago I bought a 1/2 bushell of Cortland apples to make 2 apple pies for a funeral dinner at church. It was cheaper to buy them that way. Anyway, I had enough apples left to make Dh an apple pie for his birthday as well as 2 apple crisps and 5 pints of spiced applesauce. We also ate some apples here and there. So Monday I baked one apple crisp and made and canned the 5 pints of applesauce. I also baked and froze some Butternut squash that was given to us. I cleaned the kitchen and canning supplies. Rearranged my cabinets a bit. Bug a Boo helped by doing laundy and helped to fold it. Dh wanted his hunting gear cleaned for Saturday (the first day of bow season starts here). I'm hoping we can get a few deer this year. I would love to can some as well as make some good jerky.

We have been making some headway in school this week as well. I went to Staples yesterday and bought some workbooks to ready Bug a boo for here state test this year. She is doing better than I thought. Praise the Lord! Little Buck read his first sentence last night! It was great! I pray he loves to read someday. Bug a boo would rather not read if she didn't have too. She is making good headway though, For which I am truly thankful. We just finished our mini unit study on Christopher Columbus yesterday and will have a test today. We have started a study about the United States. Currently studying the flag and the 13 original colonies. I am having a lot of fun with this considering I hated History in school.

We finally found someone in our area selling firewood. We are getting 3 cord this week and then another 3 to 4 cord next week. I am so thankful to get it at the price of $50 a cord. It isn't extremely cheap but it is cheaper than some places. I have seen it as high as $75 a cord. God is good!

The weather is turning much colder this week. We were in the 70's Monday but are only hitting low to mid 60's today. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain and be in the 50's. There is snow forcasted for next week. I am praying it holds off a bit longer. We still need to get the plastic up to the old windows in the house. I still need to prep my flower bed for the winter as well. I'm chilled to the bone just thinking about it.

No comments: